More and more women nowadays are suffering from a hormonal imbalance known as oestrogen dominance. This means that the ratio of oestrogen to progesterone is incorrect, which can lead to a wide range of hormonal problems including:
- Depression & post-natal depression
- Breast cancer
- Weight gain
- Ovarian cysts
- Menopausal problems
- Breast lumps
The good news is that it is possible to correct this imbalance naturally, and here is my 8-step programme to help you do just that:
- Avoid stress, sugar and stimulants – all of these raise your levels of cortisol, a hormone that competes with progesterone and therefore contributes to oestrogen dominance
- Limit intake of meat and dairy produce – these are sources of saturated fat that also contain oestrogen hormones. When you do eat meat, ensure it is organic or at least free-range.
- Consume essential fatty acids – how your body manages its hormones is largely determined by prostaglandins, which are obtained from the essential fatty acids we consume. The best dietary sources are seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, flax – take one heaped tablespoon of this mix each day) and oily fish (salmon, mackerel, herring).
- Supplement essential fatty acids – you will need to take an essential fatty acid supplement as well as eating seeds and fish. This will help restore the correct hormone balance rapidly, as well as being needed for the immune, nervous and endocrine systems.
- Increase vitamin B6, magnesium and zinc – there are many vitamins and minerals needed for proper hormone balancing, including these three. It is not advised that you supplement individual vitamins and minerals unless under the supervision of a nutritionist, and so you should supplement a high-quality multivitamin and mineral product made from all-natural vitamins and plant-derived minerals.
- Check hormone levels – rather than guessing whether you may have a hormonal imbalance, visit your nutritionist or doctor and ask for a saliva test to identify any underlying problems. These simple tests are at least as effective as blood tests and can allow you to overcome any imbalances naturally.
- Improve cell-to-cell communication – ask me how
- Supplement natural hormone balancers – these will correct the hormone imbalance by providing a string of plant-derived hormones.
Following this 8 step plan will allow you to identify and overcome any underlying hormone imbalances, relieving a wide range of health problems and physical symptoms. If you would like more information about this subject, feel free to contact me at email@example.com